27 August 2012

Watchlist

Happy Bank Holiday to all my UK readers!

I'd like to thank all my readers, all over the world, for your comments. They help me to understand what helps and drives us as private traders and hence, making this blog more relevant, applicable and useful. Any comments on any posts are much appreciated!

Below is my watchlist on Forex as well as US equities:

FX

CADJPY - Trading with the higher highs and higher lows of this uptrend, price has retraced to July's high which is the intermediate high of this bullish move. The shallow retracement to the 38.2% Fibonacci retracement of July's low to August's high also indicates bullish momentum. The inside bar provided the price action entry to this trade and a potential target is above the previous swing high to continue the up trend. CAD could be well supported by the bullish Euro and Stock Indices move due to its high correlation with Oil and, subsequently, growth.


GBPUSD - After the Ascending Triangle break of 1.5780 resistance level, this is now support along with the 50% Fib retracement from 16 August's swing low, which was the last leg up before price broke through the resistance level. The buy zone is from 1.5790-1.5768, so intra-day traders looking for an earlier entry have to bear this in mind. Daily traders will look for strong price action reversal in this zone. Potential target of 1.6000 round number.


US Equities

Trend continuation stocks:





Intra-Day Gaps - Measuring/Runaway or breakaway gaps depending on cycle




1 comment:

  1. Hi Jitan, sorry not to have been as active on here as I would like, recently - the Summer tends to mean lots of childcare and a busy time on our other business.

    To answer your question: personally I read every word of the Forex side of your blog and find it all top notch. I am solely a Forex trader, so that's the bit I'm interested in. I in particular like to read about trades that you are in, setups you have taken, particularly when accompanied by a chart, as it enables me to go back into my own chart and see whether I would have taken the trade, learn whether I missed it, rejected it or actually took it myself. But basically I'm a fan of the whole makeup of the blog, so just please keep it coming! Piers

    ReplyDelete